Woodward's fall-winter catalogue


Woodward’s, Vancouver historic department store on Hastings Street, was also merchandiser to the province. Twice yearly mail-order catalogues advertised everything from folding card tables to “poultry and garden requisites.” The emphasis was on serviceable, hard-wearing goods offered at good value. (Woodward’s slogan was “We Sell Everything The Best for Less.”) When folks came to town, they could look for the famous W beacon and enjoy the pleasures of shopping in person. Woodward’s closed in 1993 and its site is being re-developed as mixed-use housing and educational and community facilities.

Date Range 
c. 1933 - 1934
Place of Manufacture 
Published by North Shore Press Ltd.
30 cm high, 23.2 cm wide, 0.6 cm deep
Museum Location 
Catalog Number 
Mrs. Neisen