Art Deco Design Challenge
Are you a fashion design student, or a fashion designer 2 years or less out of school? Then this challenge is for you!
The Museum of Vancouver is inspiring emerging fashion designers and fashion design students in the lower mainland with the Art Deco era by holding a fashion design challenge. The competition will coincide with the exhibition Art Deco Chic at MOV, featuring approximately 55 Art Deco era garments, guest curated by Ivan Sayers with Claus Jahnke. The exhibition will open to the public on March 8, 2012 and close on September 23.
Here's how it works
1. Come to the MOV to see Art Deco Chic, opening March 8, 2012.
2. Get inspired by some incredible clothes, and use that inspiration to design your own.
3. Submit the following by May 15, 2012:
- A full-colour 8 ½ x 11” fashion illustration depicting the front and back views of their design for a contemporary garment or outfit.
- A set of flats demonstrating the construction of the garments, with swatches of proposed fabric on 8 ½” x 11” paper.
- A written statement (no more than 250 words) describing how the particular Art Deco-era garment inspired their design of the contemporary garment/outfit.
- A resume that includes details about their attendance at a fashion design school since January 2010.
The top three winners will be given bursaries of $200 each to be used towards the creation of the garment based on the winning designs. The three winning garments will be displayed at the Museum of Vancouver from September 1 to September 23, 2012. The fashion illustrations by the ten winning designers will be displayed at the Museum of Vancouver from September 1 to September 23, 2012.
For full details Download the Submission Guide